Blond McIndoe has 4 places left for the 2016 London Marathon. To find out more about running the marathon for us please email: email@example.com
What can I do to Fundraise?
Fundraising can be carried out in a number of ways that suit all types of people-from solo efforts to groups, high octane activities to steadily paced and small sums to large donations. Here are just a few ideas on what you can do
How do I get started?
- First off, Get in touch with us and let us know what your plans are and how we can we support you
- Set up an Online donation page either with JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving. They are very easy to set up and make collection of money very quick and simple.
- Please ask your sponsors to Gift Aid their donations. Gift Aid is great because it means we can claim 28p back from the government on every £1 of sponsorship. Online sponsorship websites enable your supporters to automatically Gift Aid their donation. Alternatively people can tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship form
- If you are intersted in raising money through recycling simply click through to our recycling page
How do I promote my Fundraising?
- You can promote your fundraising both online and offline.
- Here are just some of the ways you can promote your fundraising
Tell your family and friends
Posting on your Social networks like Facebook
Putting up posters in your local area
Get a feature in your company newsletter/noticeboard
Contact the local press
- We can send you poster templates which you can fill in about your event. We also have Blond McIndoe sponsor forms.
- We also highlight fundraising activities on our website and in our e news bulletins and can link through to personal online collecting pages such as Virgin Giving and Just Giving.
- If you are a local fundraiser we may be able to arrange a local press feature and we can highlight fundraising events on our hospital notice board.
How do I forward on donated money?
- If you have raised your funds offline, please complete a donation form and send your cheque, payable to the Blond McIndoe Research Foundation at the address below.
- If you are raising funds online, through Virginmoney giving or Just Giving, Blond McIndoe will receive all donations automatically when your friends and family donate online by credit or debit card - so no more running around with paper sponsorship forms.
How do I remain legal Legal and Safe?
Please note that while your help with our fundraising is very much appreciated, Blond McIndoe cannot accept liability for any fundraising activity or event you undertake on our behalf, If you want to help raise funds for Blond McIndoe, you should be aware of the legal requirements that you may have to fulfil.
For information on what makes charitable activity legal visit the Charity Commission website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/charity-commission
For risk assessments and if you are planning to serve food and drink at your event contact the Health and Safety Executive
Find out about how to protect the confidentiality of people’s contact details under the Data Protection Act. The Information Commissioner has all of the information you will require.
Try the Institute of Fundraising for information on Fundraising and the Fundraising Code of Practice
To obtain one the following, please contact your local council:
- food hygiene certificate
- public collection permit
- details of other local events which may enhance or conflict with your fundraising event